Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hey Christi Lucas: Pay Your Bills!

So the telephone has been ringing quite a bit lately from a toll free number. Google says it is a bill collector. Groan! It would appear that Chrisi Lucas is behind on more than one bill.

Who is Christi? I have no idea, except that she tells creditors her phone is my number. I got her name from the creditor at 800-299-8301, who then promised to update their records. They have not called back.

Then last night, the call was from 866-488-4299 and googled it as another creditor. This one was obnoxious. I answered and a recorded message said "Press 1". I did, was put on hold for about a minute, then another recording came on and said "No operators are available outside of business hours. Please call during ...". The politest creditors I've ever seen!

This reminds me of a few years ago when a creditor (Toyota) chose my phone number based on my last name (it is a somewhat unusual name). They wanted Angela with my last name, and just looked in the phone book and chose mine (probably the only listing).

The creditor would start calling, I would tell them nobody by that name here and they would go away. A couple of months would go by and they would start calling again. This happened 5-6 times, and each time I would get angrier with them to fix their records.

Finally one day I contacted a friend of sis, named Angie. I explained to her what was happening, and she sent me an email that I could use the next time they called:

Next time they call, tell them I think the car sucks. It's been nothing but trouble, and I'm not sending you another penny.
The unfortunate part to this little story is that I never got a chance to play it out to it's end. I ended up about 5 states away and got a new phone number. Too bad I ended up with another dead beats phone number.

No comments: