Thursday, January 25, 2007

Crotch Rocket

Okay, over the past year or so I've been re-visiting my transportation needs. And over the past 6 months or so I keep moving towards smaller and smaller vehicles.

For a little while I was fancying the Smart Car. It is a tiny little car that first hit my radar screen in the movie Da Vinci Code when it was in a car chase scene. It appears to be an okay car with top speed of about 90 MPH, and is expected to arrive in the U.S. in 2008 with an estimated price of $11,000. Not too shabby.

But what is really getting me excited is the idea of owning a crotch rocket! Having a nice motorcycle might be just the thing to get the testosterone flowing. I've had bikes in the past, so it's not really something new.

I'm giving serious consideration to the Kawasaki Ninja 650R. It is more-or-less a sports bike in styling, but has a few design modifications that make it good for road travel. Which is good if I expect to use it this year for commuting to work.

The MSRP of $6400 is reasonable (to me), especially when the dealer I visited was more than willing to deal. It is January after all, not too many sales for him.

I don't know, maybe it's a mid-life thing going on here, but then that would mean I'll be living into my 90's (!). But why not have fun now while you can do it and can afford to do it at the same time!?!

Oh yea, I would pick getting it in red, of course!

No comments: