Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pet Turtle

I seem to have gotten a new pet, a turtle that really likes the pool. This little turtle keeps returning for a swim, and I've fished him out 3 times so far this spring.

The first time I move him outside the fence and put him at near the azaleus, pictured. The next time I just got him out of the skimmer basket and onto the deck because I was busy. Each time he disappeared for almost a week. I can't leave him in the pool to get out on his own, because the sides are too high. He would eventually drown or starve if left in the pool.

Last night he was back, so this time I took him a distance away and at the edge of the woods. I suspect though that he will be back if we don't get some rain soon. So long as I don't have to feed him though, he is more than welcome around the house.

2 comments:

KipEsquire said...

One would think that the chlorine would repel him.

Michael said...

This is not a public pool, so it isn't chlorinated that badly. As a matter of fact, it is probably has less than most municipal water supplies. Fish can't handle it, but it's fine for drinking, even by turtles.