Monday, April 02, 2007

Need Practice

I guess I still need some practice at flipping eggs. Sunday morning I decided I wanted eggs for breakfast, so I fired up my brand new non-stick pan. Melt a small pat of butter, slip in the eggs and just a dash of salt and pepper and let them cook for a minute.

Okay, they are looking just right, and I go to flip them in the pan to turn them over. Now, since I am still new to this I do it over the sink. That turned out to be both my saving grace and a curse. As I was pushing the pan forward to get a good slide, the pan hit the faucet head, the eggs slid out, and plop! right into the sink!

Luckily for me, I had instant oatmeal in the cupboard!

(This looks to be my first food post since staring the new blog ... but stay tuned for more recipes and food subjects in the future!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my fav way to fry an egg is to cook it till it's ready to flip, then drizzle a little water in the pan and cover it for a couple of minutes ... this steams the top of the egg, so that the white is cooked and the yolk is still liquid, and no chance of breaking it by flipping. very yummy :)

Michael said...

I've often done something very similar. Immediately after I put the eggs into the pan I put the pan cover into place. It is a mediocre success. BUT! I like your idea of adding the water, because the steam can get around and help cook the egg. I'll give this a try!